Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Whoops

I forgot to blog yesterday.  That's not entirely true.  I didn't forget to blog, I just couldn't think of anything to inspire me to write.  So then by the time I did think of something, I totally forgot and had moved on to other things.  So there's that.

I'm having a bit of a problem as of the last few days, and I've noticed that a couple of the blogs I read are having it too.  I'm not being inspired.  Maybe it's because I'm just not into writing right now, or something.  Or it could be that I don't think people read this, so I don't see the point in writing something that people won't read.  Or it could be that I feel like I've gotten myself into a rut of either being ridiculously funny and cute or sad and down.  I don't feel like that all the time.  In fact I currently am not cranky or grumpy but not completely chipper either.  The fact that I'm in between bothers my boss, and so he just calls me cranky.  My coworker says I'm an energy vampire.  Ah the joys of working with family.  But truthfully, I'm just bored.     I want to start a dialogue or something with someone.  I'm tired of the same ol' same ol'.  I feel like I have the same conversations with people over and over again.  And it's not just about one thing.  I feel like I have the same conversations about different things with different people!  My friend Lee and I, we talk about the weather and our plans, and his rowing.  My friend Steph and I, we talk about her new move and her leap into a healthier lifestyle and my new financial security.  My family, we talk about the kids and the summer plans and what we're doing to better ourselves.  I want to break out of the monotony.  The trouble is I'm not quite sure how to do that.

How do you break into something new?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/24/2013

    What would you like to talk about?

    A long time ago I was in a rut and my grandmother said to me, "Just do something differently. It doesn't matter what you do that's different, just something. Something little." Well that day I brushed my teeth in the shower instead of after. It was the most exciting day I had in a long time.

    Every time I get in a rut now, I do something little differently than I had the day before. It might seem insignificant and maybe it won't help, but you never know.

    This very last time I got in a rut, I took the orange pen out of my drawer and use it for all my notes. It's a happy color and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I want to talk about! Perhaps that's part of the problem...

      I think that's a really good idea, and I plan on implementing it ASAP. Also, I love orange. It's really my favorite color!

      Delete