Friday, April 19, 2013

Glo Weekend

My Grandma was born April 15th.  When she died in 2005, my aunts decided that we should take a weekend every April to celebrate the fantastic example of womanhood she set for all of us.  So now, once a year, on the weekend after her birthday, the woman population of the Mouton family descend on my aunt's in-laws' lakehouse in Corsicana for a weekend full of relaxation, crafts, books, wine and, of course, food.  We call it Gloria's Ladies Outing or GLO Weekend.  Of course, since it's in the middle of the school year/spring, not everyone can come.  But a bunch of us do every year!  I think this year we have 16 people coming?  From across the country!  I can't wait to see everyone and spend a relaxing weekend on the lake after the tough week that I know everyone has had this week.  Goes back to what I was saying before.  It's all about the love.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/23/2013

    I love this idea! This year (the weekend of her bday) I'm going to NJ for a new tattoo commemorating my Mehmere.

    ReplyDelete