Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Cleaning? What is THAT?

Here's a shocker for you: I don't do cleaning.  I'm not a fan of it, I don't like it, and I much prefer when someone else does it for me.  Of course I DO clean, but it's when something gets so dirty or messy that I can't STAND the sight or thought of it any longer.  For example, there is a pile of dishes in my sink at the moment.  They've been there since last Thursday, when I last did the dishes in preparation for not being home during the weekend.  They WILL get washed before the weekend, because again I won't be there.  There is also a (clean) basket of laundry sitting in my room full of clothes (from different loads) waiting to be folded and put away.  They may or may not get put away this week.  So when someone (and by someone I mean the great big thing called the internet) tells me that this week is "Spring Cleaning Week", it's all I can do to not laugh out loud.  My "heavy-duty" cleaning (if you will) takes place usually before someone comes over to my house, depending on the person.  If my former roommate is coming over, I'll maybe clean some stuff up, but she knows how terribly messy I am.  If my friend and his parents who have never seen my house come over, I will put a bit more effort into cleaning the place, pass the vacuum over the floors, clean the bathroom mirror, that sort of thing.  To reassure you, I do clean the bathroom appliances relatively often, like every other week, mainly because it makes me crawl to think of the germs lurking there.  But to stop and take a weekend to clean everything in my (granted small) apartment?  You must be joking.  I am a busy woman.  I have things to do and people to see, books to read and movies to watch.  I don't have time to worry about switching my winter clothes for my spring/summer clothes.  Not to mention the fact that I would then have to switch them BACK in September.  I'd much rather stick to my spur of the moment cleaning sessions, thanks so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment