Thursday, April 18, 2013

Keep Breathing

Ingrid Michaelson's "Keep Breathing" came on my Pandora this morning, and as I was listening to it, it struck me how very appropriate that song is for this week.  From the terrible, heartless incident in Boston on Monday, to extended family sadness (my cousin's grandmother? aunt? died on Tuesday suddenly) to the horrible accident that happened in West, TX last night, it's been a week full of grief and sadness.  And all we can really do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move along.  Just keep breathing.  And yet I am encouraged by the putting aside of personal differences to support one another.  I am not a fan of the Yankees (at all), but after watching their tribute to Boston Tuesday, I just couldn't help but think what a classy thing to do.  Here is your hated rival, but instead of jeering in the face of tragedy, you support them in the best way possible.  It just makes me happy, and it makes me cry.  If only all people could be like that.  Put aside petty differences and support each other in the time of need.  And keep breathing.  This can't all last forever.  Keep breathing and love each other.  Pray for Boston, and pray for West.  

No comments:

Post a Comment