Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Writing a Story

I've always been a writer.  When I was little, I would write stories about nothing and fill notebooks with stories that never got anywhere, mainly because I was trying to write about things I knew nothing about.  In middle school and high school, it was journals and diaries, mixed in with some very bad poetry.  In college it was more term papers than anything else, but with the occasional poem or journal entry.  As I got older, it became mostly blogs and the work I do, which is newsletter articles about features.  Turns out I'm not very good at business writing.  But every once in a while, I'll get an itch and out will pour a story.  The first time was about two monsters name Finn and Gus that I wrote for my little cousin.  Then I wrote a weird little short story that I posted here about four months ago.  And just recently (like last night) I got another little itch to write another little story.  This I can't tell what it's going to be, but I have the characters in mind and the short little story behind it.  I'll see if I remember to post it when I actually get it written, or it might be total crap and no one can ever read it, but it excites me to be writing something for pleasure again.  Though it does put a damper on work writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment