Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lent Might Kill Me

I'm a bad Catholic.  Okay, I take that back.  I am not a bad Catholic and I'm sure that if I were in a better space I'd want to go on and on about how my weakness is proof that I am dependent on Jesus in my life and blah blah blah blah.  But the fact remains that two weeks away from Easter, I would KILL someone for a brownie.  That's not even saying what I would do to someone who brought me said brownie. Or cupcake. Or candy bar.  Hell I'd settle for a stale chocolate chip cookie for crying out loud.  Though you wouldn't get as much loving as you would if you brought me brownies. Or cake.  For a stale cookie (you know those really hard ones that come in the plastic bins at grocery stores?), you'd probably get a hug.  A small one.  And it would go up from there.  This is the first time I've ever given up sweets completely and I'm telling you, it seriously might kill me.  I've given up candy before and soda.  But this year, I don't know if it's the sweets or the combination of sweets and alcohol deprivation that is driving me bananas.  I find myself on pinterest drooling over desserts.  I try to avoid the bakery aisle at grocery stores, because really that's just mean.  The cooking blogs I go to are covered in sweets, so I can't hardly get on them. I daren't go down to the vending machines. I might crack and have a candy bar.  And Thursday, Thursday was 3/14.  Do you know what day that is? PIE DAY!!! AND I COULDN'T HAVE PIE!!!! Yes I know, I could have.  I could have had a savory pie.  But really, what's the point of pie if the crust and ingredients aren't covered in sugar?   I'm telling you man, there better be so many delicious sweets at the various Easter parties/dinners/gatherings I'm going to in two weeks.  Or I will stop, and I will buy pie. And cupcakes. And delicious fantastic chocolaty brownies.  'Scuse me, I'm drooling again.

PS I know this is a little sacrilegious writing about this on Sunday, and I'm sorry to those who may be offended!

No comments:

Post a Comment