Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weddings are Ruining My Nerdiness

I have a small confession to make.  It's not major, and it's probably not a secret, but (looks around furtively) I am a nerd.  Yeah, I said it.  And you know what?  I'm darn proud of my nerdiness, and the fact that I know that David Tennant is actually Scottish and grew up watching Doctor Who and married the girl who played his daughter, who is actually also the actor who played the 5th Doctor's daughter. And that I know that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Smaug in the Hobbit, which stars his Sherlock costar Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, and that I know that Han shot first.  I'm quite proud of this nerdiness.  But only recently have I become the kind of nerd who actually looks for conventions of her favorite shows to go to.  Yes, I admit it.  I looked up if there was a Doctor Who convention and a Supernatural convention in my town.  And you know what?  THERE ARE!!

So because I've been a closet nerd until the last year or so (a shorter amount in some cases) (*cough* Supernatural fan in less than a month *cough*), I've acquired quite normal friends, who do indulge my nerdiness and embrace it along with all my other quirky qualities.  Along with these friends come normal activities, such as weddings, and events that go along with weddings, like bachelorette parties and the like.  Now I'm quite excited to be involved in the weddings I am this year.  Don't get me wrong.  But I will admit that it broke my heart a little to see that the Doctor Who convention takes place the same weekend as my bestie since first grade's wedding.  Not hugely, but a small bit of me sighed a deep bitter sigh.  This was quite a few weeks ago, and I didn't think anything of it until yesterday, when I went searching for the Supernatural convention in my town.  Guess when it takes place.  That's right, the same weekend as my other friend's bachelorette party in New Orleans.  I think there's some sort of conspiracy going around to not let me be as completely fangirl as I truly wish to be.  This one broke my heart quite a bit more, mainly because well, have you SEEN Supernatural?  Do you KNOW how hot Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are?  Yeah.  That's why.  *Bitter Sigh*

Why can't I be a complete nerd fangirl?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment