Friday, March 22, 2013

Can We Chat for a Moment?

Okay, let's talk for a minute.  I know I've talked a lot about different TV shows here, but let's be honest.  There is one show that I would get cable for.  Just one.  One simple show that I love so much that I could watch it a million and twelve times, which would be a lot because it's only three episodes a series. And there are only two series so far.  Of course I am talking about Sherlock, the new BBC version of Sherlock Holmes, steered by the incomparable team of Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss.  I knew little about the people  in the show and little about the subject matter when I started watching it.  Of course I knew OF Sherlock Holmes, any person with an interest in literature knows OF Sherlock Holmes, but I had yet to read any of the stories which inspired this amazing show.  I'm pretty sure the closest I had gotten to Sherlock Holmes before this was Disney's The Great Mouse Detective and Robert Downey Jr's version of Sherlock.  And then one day, my dear friend insisted that I watch Sherlock.  I was already in the throws of Doctor Whodom at the moment and was loathe to separate a moment from my Doctor.  Then my sisters brought it up in casual conversation, mentioning that maybe I should watch it because it was interesting and they thought I might like it.  So, during a lull I used to extend David Tennant as the Doctor, I watched Sherlock.  As mentioned before, each series is only three episodes long, but each episode is 90 minutes long.  I ran through the first series in a day.  And then I rewatched them, and before I knew it, I was all about everything Sherlock.  And not just ANY Sherlock.  No, no.  It had to be MY Sherlock, because who else could play the high-functioning sociopath like Benedict Cumberbatch?  I mean his is the only name that even MATCHES that of Sherlock Holmes.  Plus I mean have you seen the man?  You could cut yourself on those cheekbones, and drown in the blueness of those eyes.  AND he's a real life ginger.  I love real life gingers!!!  So yes, you can keep your rats and your Roberts, and your female Watsons (I mean really?!).  I will be patiently sitting here waiting for Benedict and Martin to finish filming series three of this show so that I can FINALLY watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment