Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aw Nuts

In this hyper-aware, hyper-foodie, hyper-healthy society we live in, nuts make an appearance in almost all food.  I mean ALL food.  Food that I think shouldn't include nuts.  Like soups, salads, breads and cookies.  Now I like nuts.  Well, sometimes I like nuts.  I like certain kinds of nuts.  I'm a big fan  of cashews and walnuts, almonds and peanuts as snacks.  I like nuts when I'm expecting them.  What I DON'T like is when I'm eating something, say a slice of pumpkin bread, or a cookie and then all of a sudden there's a nut.  Not just a single nut, but a slew of nuts.  Nuts spread out through the entire loaf or the entire batch of cookies.  I didn't sign up for nuts in my cookies, I didn't sign up for nuts in my bread (unless it's my mom's banana bread), and I most definitely did not sign up for huge chunks or a full nut in my food.  Unless I'm snacking on them, I prefer my nuts in tiny pieces.

This post brought to you by the awful surprise I found in my pumpkin bread from Whole Foods today.

No comments:

Post a Comment