Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Distracted

I had an idea for a blog post on Sunday, driving home from Mass with my family, but because when I got home, we rushed into a whirlwind of breakfast and birthdays and babies, I didn't write it down.  So when I sat down the other day to write a post, I remembered I had an idea, but I could not for the life of me remember what it was.  I guess that's what happens when your normal schedule gets overturned by different activities.

For the past three weekends, I have not been home.  Don't get me wrong, I had a BLAST all three weekends.  Spending time with family always is super fun.  But there's something to be said about having a day in which to do nothing but focus on the little things that need to get done around your house.  Like cleaning the kitchen more than just doing the dishes.  Or cleaning out the fridge.  Or putting away the mounds of clean clothes that are sitting in the laundry basket just getting wrinkled.  Luckily, despite more family being in town this weekend, I have most of Saturday to myself.  Which means I CAN do all the little chores that I despise but need to get done before my house becomes the utter pigsty it has been threatening to become for the last three weeks. I will do my best not to get distracted, but with me, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment