Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breakfast, or How Lazy I am in the Mornings

What is the most important meal of the day?  If you said breakfast, you'd be correct.  Breakfast jump starts your metabolism, it wakes you up, and it gets you ready for the day.  And I love breakfast.  Well I love breakfast food.  Really, I do.  I love eggs and bacon and sausage, toast and cinnamon rolls, biscuits, cereal, tea, scones, pancakes, waffles, french toast.  I love it all.  But you know what else I love?  I love sleep, and I love my bed.  And all that stuff?  Unless it is made the night before, it takes time to fix.  Even cereal, which you'd think would be super easy (pour in a bowl, add milk, eat), takes time!  Probably because I get bored so I have to read something and then I'm lost in the book, and all of the sudden it's 7:30 and I haven't brushed my teeth or made my lunch and if I don't hurry I'm gonna be later than I want.  So this time could be spent in bed.  Or I could get up earlier and spend the extra thirty, forty minutes I normally spend snoozing eating breakfast.  I could do that.  Or I could continue to do what I do now, which is snooze until 6:50 or 7, get up, get ready, make lunch, and leave, trusting that I will eat breakfast at the office sometime.  Usually around 8ish, so my mouthwash has the recommended thirty minutes to really clean my mouth.   And I do eat breakfast at the office.  It's probably not the BEST of breakfasts (yesterday I had peanut butter cookies and a banana, today I had peanut butter on graham crackers and a banana), but it still stops me from being hungry until about 12.  Maybe one day I'll actually get up early enough to make breakfast in the morning, but until then, I'll continue the grab-and-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment