Friday, June 28, 2013

If I had the Choice

I remembered the post I wanted to write!

I don't have TV.  Let me rephrase that.  I don't have TV service.  I don't have cable, I don't have local channels, I don't have rabbit ears.  What I do have is Apple TV, Netflix, and an XBox (for games and movies, duh).  And for the most part I'm a very happy person.  Sure sometimes I miss watching TV shows when they're actually on (I can't remember the last time I watched NCIS!  I miss Gibbs), and I miss some awards shows, but for the most part if there's something I want to watch, I hightail it to a family member's house and hijack their TV.  Luckily they're all very understanding.   My reasons for not having an TV service is strictly financial and laziness.  Cable is just out of my budget, and I would spend way too much time watching pointless shows.  And I'm too lazy to figure out what I need to do to get local channels.

BUT if I had the choice, and I could get cable, I would first splurge on DVR, and one channel, and one channel only.  BBCAmerica.  The American version of the British Broadcasting Corporation.  I could watch Sherlock whenever I wanted.  I could actually watch Doctor Who when it's on, rather than having to wait for the series to come on Netflix (COME ON SERIES 7!!!).  And, AND, oh AND.  I could watch Graham Norton. Have you ever seen The Graham Norton Show?  It's basically a late night talk show, but it's HILARIOUS and fantastic.  All the guests come out at once and they sit on a big red couch and they chat with Graham.  I have never seen an episode that didn't make me HOWL with laughter.  It's just amazing.  So yeah.  If I could, that's what I would get.  And it would be amazing.  Until then, I guess I'll just stick to hijacking others' TV to watch what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment