Friday, June 7, 2013

Negativity

I am a positive person.  Sometimes that optimism/positivity can backfire because I can talk myself into seeing the bright side of bad situations that someone else might get out of.  And not BAD situations, but mediocre situations that could be passed over for something better.  But that's not what this is about.  This is about the negativity I seem to encounter on a daily basis.

I don't know if it's because I'm a good listener or because I am constantly positive, but I seem to attract negativity, like a moth to a flame.  And it might not be me.  It might be the people who bring the negativity.  Either way, it seems that I get brought a LOT of negativity by people.  And that's totally fine.  I am absolutely willing and able to sit and listen and work through problems.  I'm pretty good at it, I think.  What's completely frustrating to me though is when I work through a problem and I give advice with someone, and the next problem they bring to me IS THE EXACT SAME THING THAT COULD BE SOLVED BY THE ADVICE I'VE ALREADY GIVEN.  It's completely frustrating.  And I understand that my advice is novice at best, and you don't have to follow it at all.  It's completely up to you.  Just don't come back to me with a different version of the same problem.  You're harshing my completely natural high here.  And that bums me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment