Monday, June 17, 2013

Another (Awesome, Exciting, Exhausting) Weekend

Oh this weekend.  This weekend was super fun.  However, it was also super exhausting.  But I think the fun outweighed the side effects.

Saturday, I got my hair cut.  It was phenomenal.  I hadn't gotten my hair cut since August 2012.  That is almost a YEAR.  And I don't know if you know this, but my hair is very heavy.  It's very thick and I have a lot of it.  Granted I got it cut pretty short in August, so by Saturday, it was grown out to below my shoulders and heavy as a brick.  Not to mention it was CRAZY uneven because it grew out of an asymmetrical bob.  So the right side was longer than the left and the front was longer than the back.  Not fun.  I went to a new place (to me) and my stylist was awesome.  She really took the time to sit down and listen to what I was looking for and to examine my hair when it was dry, so she could see and get a handle on its natural quirks.  THEN she cut it so it'll grow out nicely AND she thinned it.  When she mentioned it, I could have hugged her on the spot.  My previous hairdresser didn't like to thin hair for some reason, so she just textured it, which gives the layers and volume but doesn't do a lot for the thickness issue.  Walking out, I felt a million times lighter.

I putted around most of the rest of the day Saturday, running errands, going to Mass at four, resting up some before I went to my friend Corley's housewarming party!  She and her new roommate Kayla  just moved into a precious little house and this was their first party.  It was a hit!  The house looked awesome, the food was great and we just had an awesome time.  I made jello shots in honor of the occasion and they were a hit.   Because of the awesome time everyone had, we didn't go to bed until super late.  And I woke up early, because that's what my body does.  So all in all, I had probably four hours of sleep?  Not super fun, but worth it.

Sunday I went over to Fort Worth to spend the day with my niece and nephews, and also to help plan my other sister's baby shower and for Father's Day.  It was great fun, but I forgot that I was picking up my lovely friend at the airport at ten.  Luckily she texted me beforehand, so I remembered in time to go get her, which ended up being around 10:30.  So I didn't go to bed until around 11:30, just cause of putzing around and things.  Needless to say, I am super tired today.  I hope that my board meeting at seven tonight is only an hour so I can be home by 9 and in bed by 9:30.  Catch up time!

No comments:

Post a Comment