Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Time is Ticking

Have you ever seen Practical Magic?  It's a movie starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman about two sisters who happen to be witches, and who happen to be cursed.  The men they love are always doomed to die.  And the symbol of this death is a big, black, ticking beetle.  Like the one I saw this morning crawling across my floor.  Oh don't worry, after freaking out a bit, I smashed it with a shoe, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with any man I love dying (mainly because I'm not in love with anyone).  I'm pretty sure it has more to do with my crappy apartment and the weather.  But that's all besides the point.  The point is that Time keeps ticking away.  I mean it's the middle of June already!  It seems like last week was March and the week before that was October.  I think as we get older, time begins going faster until it's just a blur of snapshots of moments.  There's no way to stop it.  If there was, we'd be breaking so many laws of science, plus I don't want to time travel unless there's a 1200 year old alien with two hearts and a blue box that's bigger on the inside involved.  So I guess all we can really do is focus on the moments.  Make as many moments as possible memorable, and spend our time wisely.  Pictures are good too.

2 comments:

  1. You're cute. But you may not time travel, even with Dr. Who. Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I want to! You can come!

      Delete