Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Body Shaming

Note: this could end up being a serious post, since this is a serious problem that I think affects pretty much every person in the world, whether they know it or not.

I'm a full figured woman.  Isn't that a nice way to put it?  I could benefit from a proper healthy diet and exercise regime, if just for health reasons, but for the most part, I like my body.  But as a full figured woman who is tall, I have a huge rack.  I was going to be coy and PC about it, but let's be honest here.  My boobs are magnificent and they're here to stay.  Because of this, normal clothes don't fit me the way they fit others.  I am constantly aware of cleavage and in some cases, I'm flaunting it with the best of them.  But there are some cases where I can't help it.  I wish the outfit I'm wearing covered up more, but really it doesn't.  I'm aware and I'm conscious of it.  So you pointing it out loudly in front of a bunch of people? That just makes EVERYONE uncomfortable.  ESPECIALLY if most of the people there are related to us.  But I've noticed recently that it happens a lot with women, and men to some degree.  There is always some sort of body shaming going on.  Either you're too fat or you're too skinny, or you're shaped funny or your boobs are too big or too small.  Your nose is off-center, your eyes are a weird shape, your calves are skinny, your stomach is too big.  These all sound familiar don't they?  We're all shaped differently.  There are no two people shaped exactly the same.  Someone who is taller could weigh the same as someone who is shorter but they don't show it as much.  Another person could carry all their weight in their booty or their thighs or whatever. That doesn't mean that they should be ridiculed and shamed for the way their body is shaped.  Pointing out people's physical differences in a rude way or in a ridiculing fashion isn't only mean, it's hypocritical.  There is no such thing as a perfect body.  And until we realize that, I don't see how life is going to change at all.  Love each other and love yourself.  You're beautiful in your differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment