Friday, May 31, 2013

Be Sweet

Yesterday was kinda hard for me.  Okay let's rephrase.  Last night, after leaving my friend's apartment I was helping move, was hard for me.  It was late, I was tired, hot, and dirty, and I just wanted to talk to someone who could keep me focused and make me laugh.  All the people I usually call were either out or asleep and I didn't want to disturb anyone.  Besides the person I really wanted to talk to, well he's not around anymore.  So I just turned up my music really loud, and sang along.  Too bad it was to Michael Buble's "Close Your Eyes", which is a love song to his wife.  Awesome, totally brought me down a little further.  I got home, showered (I'm telling you, a cold shower after sweating buckets for four hours? Total lifesaver), and went to bed, still feeling a little down.  But I was so tired I couldn't think about it then.  You know how when you're down and you go to bed, then you wake up in the morning and you're good?  Yeah that didn't happen this morning.  It should have, because I'm going to Houston today to see lots and lots of people I'm SO EXCITED to see.  But it didn't.  Probably because I knew I had a bunch of stuff still to do before leaving my apartment, like um packing.  Plus it's kind of a downer to see all your clean clothes that you were too lazy to fold/hang up and put away spilling out on your bed in all their wrinkled glory.  So I was kinda meh this morning.  I stopped at Starbucks (because that's what I do when it's Friday and I have an extra $7 floating around in my purse), and ordered my usual, but iced because it's now summer.  And when I got to the register, I decided to get a scone, and I asked the guy. You know what he said?  He said "Of course! You can have anything you want."  And that very cheery, very nice answer picked me right up.  I mean how many people do you know would be sweet like that when it's 7:30 in the morning on a gross cloudy morning with a line of people behind?  Not many I think.  I wanted to give him a hug, but I settled with a smile and "Why thank you!"  So the moral of the story is, be sweet. You don't know how it might brighten someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment