Monday, May 6, 2013

OWIE

Recently, I've been having some major tooth trouble.  It started with little twinges of pain, mainly when I ate or drank something extremely cold, hot or sweet.  But then it worsened, and worsened, and worsened until it came to a head last night with an extreme amount of pain that radiated through my entire face.  Like it made the back of my eyes hurt, that's how bad the pain was.  I couldn't sleep until I had a hot wet washcloth on my face, and even then when it cooled down, I'd wake up and have to go microwave it again.  So needless to say, I went to the dentist today.  Now let me preface this by saying that I hate the dentist.   I absolutely completely am not a fan of a person digging around in my mouth. So I don't have a dentist here.  Luckily, there is a dentist office across the street from my office and they were able to fit me in this morning.  So I went, sat down, they took an x-ray and the filling of my tooth was pressing on the nerve, which caused an infection to start and an abscess to happen.  So yeah, super awesome.  I'm sitting there listening to this (ridiculously attractive, I mean really.  Bearded, blue eyes, humana-humana) dentist tell me that I need a root canal, and that he doesn't do them, but he can send me some place, and he can prescribe some meds for me so I am not in pain anymore.  So now I have an appointment to (voluntarily) let a doctor DRILL INTO MY TOOTH, kill it, fill it with crap and cover it back up temporarily. Can you tell I'm a wee bit nervous about this?  And of course, it's in the middle of the day, so I will have to go back to work.  UGH.  The lesson learned here is ALWAYS BRUSH YOUR TEETH.  And floss.  And use mouthwash.  I hate dental work.

No comments:

Post a Comment