Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grateful


On this Thanksgiving day, I'd like to make a list of the things I am most grateful for.  So without further ado, I give you my Thankful list.

1.  I am grateful for the wondrous life my Lord God has bestowed upon me.  I don't nearly deserve all the magnificent things I have been given, and I am grateful that I have the gift of living as I do.

2.  I am grateful for my amazing immediate family.  Although we don't always see eye to eye, we are always supportive of the important things in each other's lives.  I see my siblings and my parents as some of the best friends a girl could ask for, and I thank the Lord each and every day that I belong to them and they to me.

3. I am grateful for the awesomeness that is my extended family, both on my mom's side and on my dad's side.  My Mouton  family shows me daily how living your dreams can be an amazing thing.  My Allison family shows me true love and devotion.  I am so blessed to be a part of two such amazing different families, both of which I truly love and appreciate.

4.    I am grateful for the amazing friendships I have made in this life, ones that date back to elementary days, all the way up to ones made quite recently.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without all of your love, support and friendship.  It makes me so happy to know that I have people who get me, even when I don't want to be gotten.

5.  I am grateful to be in a job that allows me the freedom to develop who I am professionally.  That's a tough thing to find, and I am so thankful for the opportunities I have to grow.

6.  I am grateful for my mind.  It functions, it's intelligent, and it keeps me going.  So many people don't have the advantage I have of a quick mind, and I would be remiss not to acknowledge it.

7.  I am grateful for my apartment. It may be small and in a crowded apartment complex, and have walls as thin as paper, but it's mine and I love it.

8.  I am grateful for my love of reading.  It is my devoted love, and I will never abandon it.

9.  I am grateful for music.  It feeds my soul in every situation and brings great joy, even in times of sorrow.

10. Last but not least, I am grateful for the losses and trials I have had in my life.  They have made me a better stronger person, which is I suppose why God gave them to me in the first place.  If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment