Wednesday, August 7, 2013

FRUSTRATING

There is nothing more frustrating than something you've lived with forever getting noticed by others who then make a stink about it, motivating you to get it fixed, which ends up taking SO much longer than you had anticipated. In this case, it's my car.  The check engine light has been on in my car for quite sometime, and I've just never had the funds or the time to get it fixed.  Of course, it got noticed on our road trip to Galveston and it spread and so I had to end up getting it fixed.  I took it to the dealership on Saturday morning, having arranged previously to have a friend (my workout friend actually) come pick me up so we could work out.  Long story short, 7 hours later, I picked up my car, fixed and ready to go, but with the warning that my battery was low and that the check engine light may come back on.  Which it did before I had time to get it inspected (the big dilemma in this whole scenario). So I got a new battery for 60 dollars less than the dealership wanted to charge me (thanks NTB!) and the check engine light was STILL on.  So what did I do? Well this morning I woke up at 6, showered, put on a dress and heel, and drove my (perfectly functioning except the minor detail of the check engine light) car to the dealership so I was there when they opened at 7. I told them what happened, got the same service guy as Saturday, and then took their shuttle to the office, where I arrived 14 minutes after 8.  I have yet to hear from them, and I have yet to know a. what's up and b. how much it's going to cost me.  I would HOPE that it's less than Saturday, but with my luck it'll be more.  Lord have mercy.  If people would have just left it alone, it wouldn't have been an issue!!  FRUSTRATING. All I want is my car back.

SOOOOO I just heard from the dealership, and they want to charge me 784 dollars to replace the intake manifold.  I have no idea what that is, but I am NOT going to spend that much money without talking to people first.  RIDICULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment