Friday, July 5, 2013

Whomp Whomp

So yesterday was the 4th of July.  Independence Day.  The day we celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence over two hundred years ago.  It's a big deal, and we celebrated it as such, for most of the day.  I woke up, ate breakfast (having turned down Whataburger the night before as an original breakfast plan), and drove out to my sister's house in Fort Worth for the Arlington Independence Day parade!  It was a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday, low temps, no humidity, wonderful breeze.  We sat under a bank of trees and were perfectly comfortable all day long.  It was amazing.  The parade was really good as well, with a lot of really well done floats and stuff.  It was quite an enjoyable morning!  We got home around 11 or so and decided to have Sonic for lunch.  I'm telling you man, fast food is my weakness.  But I was really good, and looked up the points of stuff before ordering so I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.  BUT then I was starving.  And instead of asking my sister for some fruit, that I KNEW they had in the fridge, I snacked on cake cookies and bits of grilled cheese left over from my niece's lunch.  So that was fun.  Then my sisters and I went to the store to try to find my oldest sister a dress, which was a no go, but we did find some shirts for my BIL and pjs for my niece.  We came home and settled in for naps and a traditional viewing of 1776.  Then we played for a while, and had dinner of hamburgers, chips and fruit.  After dinner, I went home.  I probably should have stayed and watched the Capitol Fourth with them, but I was really tired and needed to get home and get some stuff done before today.  The reason I say I should have stayed was because about halfway through my stuff, I got frustrated and stopped for the evening, opting instead to sit on my couch and watch "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".  Then I went to bed to the musical sound of fireworks going off.

I woke up this morning cranky, tired and completely unmotivated.  I really don't want to be the kind of person who forces her eating habits or traits onto others, and I feel like that's what happened yesterday.  I was worried about my points and what I was eating and it crept into other people's views.  So I let it slid and ate whatever I wanted to.  Which wasn't good either, because now I have less than 30 extra points.  I HATE using my extra points.  I know that's what they're there for, but I still hate using them.  So being as unmotivated as I was, I stopped at Starbucks for breakfast.  And I got a grande nonfat Chai tea latte and a blueberry scone.  How many points do you think that was together?  I'll give you a minute to think about it.

NINETEEN POINTS.  Those two LITTLE things were NINETEEN points together.  So now, I only have 23 points for the rest of the day, since I have to save my extra points for the ballgame tomorrow.  I really need help getting re-motivated.  Like a jump start or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment