Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Health Concerns

Mom, if you're reading this, don't be surprised.  I think you know all of this stuff.   I'm horrible about going to the doctor.  You're supposed to go what like once a year?  Yeah I haven't gone since I was 25.  And that was almost three years ago.  I didn't even go to an adult doctor.  I went to my pediatrician, who scolded me for not having a grown up doctor and told me that he never wanted to see me in his office for medical reasons again, unless it was an utter emergency.  I didn't get a checkup either, it was for a sinus infection.  Sooo yeah I really need to go.  I'm also a mild asthmatic since birth, which of course was exasperated by the choice of friends I hung out with a lot in college (cigarette smoke? not good for crappy lungs).  I don't need an inhaler on a daily basis and I don't have to take steroids or anything, but every once in while a good puff on an inhaler does me a world of good.  So I have one that I keep in my purse for emergencies.  Or should I say "had".  What I have now is an empty inhaler shell.  The medicine part has all run out.  So I should probably get a refill of that, especially as I become more active, thus working my lungs harder.

SO I have made the grand and wonderful decision to find myself an adult doctor in the DFW area.  My friend Allison has one that she loves, who is miraculously in my insurance network, so as soon as I check with my boss on the best times for a doctor's appointment, I am going to call and schedule one for a physical.  I tend to play my cards close to the vest especially when I'm talking to someone new about personal things (like my health) but I'm going to be totally open and honest with her.  Because if you can't be with your doctor, who can you be?

I also am going to schedule an eye appointment.  I'm blind as a bat without my glasses and it's getting to the point where I have horrible eyesight WITH my glasses.  Like I thought an 8 was a 9, and I thought a 6 was a 5, and I thought  a K was an N.  Yeah.  Awful.  So I'm going to get my eyes checked and get some new glasses so I can see again!  It's going to be amazing, and I really really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment