Monday, July 8, 2013

A New Dawn, A New Day, Same Life

Despite the TERRIBLE eating I did this weekend (fast food twice, burgers and hot dogs the other meals, a crap ton of Chinese food), it was a really really nice weekend.  Things I learned this weekend include:

- Despite growing up in one of the country's biggest baseball towns, one of my besties had never been to a major league baseball game until Saturday night.  Her giddy excitement made me feel like a kid again!

- I really really love baseball.

- Trouble with the Curve was Clint Eastwood's first movie in 20 years that he did not direct.

- I'm in DESPERATE need of new glasses.  I thought KY was NY on Saturday night.  Like I made a comment on it and everything.

-Sleeping in til noon is awesome when it happens once in a blue moon.  And I'm not talking about waking up at 9:00 and then drowsing until noon.  I mean actually sleeping hard until you wake up THINKING it's 9:00 but really it's 11:56.

- Joss Whedon's house is amazeballs.  If I had a house like that, I'd shoot a movie at it too.

- Speaking of that, Much Ado About Nothing was awesome, like really really good but I still prefer David Tennant and Catherine Tate as Benedick and Beatrice.

Now it's a new week, and so far, I've made good choices.  I didn't stop at Starbucks, I did pack my lunch, I did bring my workout clothes to the office so I can change before I leave to go straight to the track or the apartment gym.  And I was not going to have fruit with breakfast, but one of my WW routines is to have fruit with every meal or snack, and so I'm working on that.  Oatmeal, tea and grapes is a good breakfast right?

PS Sorry this has become more of a WW blog.  It's what's happening in my life, and I find I'm more accountable if I write about it and send it off into the universe :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment