Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Watching the Weight

I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting yesterday.  It was a bit of an ordeal in the beginning because first of all, I registered for the wrong place.  I thought I was registering for the one right by my house when in reality, I was registering for the one 20 minutes away.  Not cool.  And of course by the time I figured that out, it was day of.  So I decided to screw it and just go out of my way this one time.  So I left in time to get there with time to do my weigh in beforehand.  But then I couldn't find the place.  Seriously I got there fifteen minutes early, but I drove around for ten minutes trying to find the damn place.  Finally, after searching and searching, I 411ed it, and as they were connecting me, I saw it.  So I parked, hopped out and hurried im.

It was a pretty full meeting, mainly made up of older people, which is cool.  The leader's name was Susie and  she was a very energetic lady.  It was full of awesome energy and support from people.  You could tell that they've been coming to the meetings a lot, because everybody pretty much knew everybody else. It was a great vibe.   We talked about the Ripple Effect and what we can do to cause ripples in our lives that are beneficial rather than detrimental.  After the meeting, which was about 30 minutes long, I and another lady stayed after for an overview of the whole program.  We talked about tracking and how important it is, we talked about taking control of our spaces and routines, and we talked about the different tools we can use.  I really like the Spaces thing, because it made you really stop and think about what you did in different places. Like I eat in front of the TV.  It's kind of a constant, but there are ways to not eat as much in front of the TV by limiting what you bring in or what you eat out of.  It was great.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I was so inspired, I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies.  I think with the right support, I can make this work this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment