Thursday, July 25, 2013

Addicted

I have a problem.  It's not life-threatening, and it's not that big of a deal.  But it still is a problem.  My problem?  Well I am addicted.  I am completely and totally addicted to Netflix.  It's something that a lot of people suffer from, and it's a growing problem as cable becomes more and more expensive (Note, I use the word "suffer" very lightly).  Currently, I am going through Merlinitis.  This is a terrible disease which contains intense needs to watch The Adventures of Merlin, deep longings to be part of Camelot and an immense amount of feels for the characters/actors of the show.  A show that a week or two ago, I wasn't that interested in.  Then I started watching it.  And it was good.  I enjoyed it.  So I continued to watch it.  I spent my evenings cooped up in my living room devouring episode after episode, going through three seasons in two weeks.  And now, having finished the third season yesterday, all I want to do is start season four.  Even though I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I'm well versed in the legends and stories of King Arthur and Camelot, and I KNOW HOW THE STORY ENDS.  No really, I do.  BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT WATCH IT!!  It's nerve-wrecking and I can't handle it.  And yet, I can.  Because I want to, because I have to see how Colin and Bradley and Angel and Katie and the knights handle what's going to come.  It's stupid and insane.  But I love it. So don't send help, don't stage an intervention.  Don't crash my apartment to pull me away, unless you bring snacks.  Then you're allowed to come.    

1 comment: