Monday, September 9, 2013

Days of Vacation

So my year is a little weird.  I started work at my job in August, so that's when my year starts over.  Which means I have to be careful with vacation days.  When you have ten and summer is really the end of your year, it's a little tricky.  My year started over a few weeks ago, and now I have days to spend after a year of having three (that's what I get for spending half my vacation days before the year restarted!).  I'm taking three this fall, for wedding purposes, but I really want to do something fun and for me with some of the others.  I know I'll have to take some in consideration for my brother's final vows in August, but that still leaves me with five days to play with.  FIVE DAYS!  That doesn't seem like much, but when you've been functioning with three, five is amazing.  Part of me wants to save them for after busy season and take a week off to just hang out.  The other part of me wants to make three day weekends, maybe once a month starting in February?  That would get me to June, and leave July vacationless, but who knows?  Maybe I'll just save them all and build up for the next year and take a two week trip somewhere.  Oh the possibilities.  It's a good thing dreaming is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment