Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year with New Goals

Hi guys!  The whirlwind that was the last two months of 2013 have ended in a blaze of family fun, and here we are, standing a day into 2014.  Isn't that weird?  We're already in 2014.  In May, I'll have graduated from high school ten years ago.  It seems like just yesterday I was there.  And I'll have graduated from college five years ago.  So weird.  But anyways.  As always with a new year, I have new goals. Here they are!

1. Be more social. This doesn't just mean going out and meeting new people (though I do need to do that).  It also means making more of an effort to see more of the friends I currently have.  I'm starting this one off right tonight when I go to the movies with my Friend.

2. Get serious about losing weight. I've been doing Weight Watchers for about a year and while it's worked somewhat, I need to be more consistent and conscious about my choices.  That means eating right and at the proper times, small healthy snacks, lots of water, and daily exercise.  This goal starts next Monday, after the end of the holidays.

3. Write more. I don't mean here (though I do want to write more here) but I want to focus on writing down things that inspire me, touch me, or make me pause.  Both positive and negative.  I carry a notebook around with me anyways.  I might as well use it.

4. Get those creative juices flowing! I'm planning on taking a picture of my feet once a day, documenting different things (think of it as 365 days of feet), but I want to be more creative.  Break out my paints, my canvases, my cookbooks, my pots and pans. Which leads me to my next one:

5. Cook more from cookbooks I have. I have a bookshelf FULL of cookbooks.  I have cooked from ONE of them.  Well maybe three.  But I want to cook from the others!! So that's what I'm going to do!  Cook MORE.

Those are my goals.  I think they're all pretty doable.  I just need to stay focused.  Oh and regards to this bloggy blog?  I'll be trying to post a couple of times a week.  I know I'll do the Blog a Day thing at least twice, but in between times, I'll be more consistent!  Happy New Year y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment