Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Halloween.  All Hallow's Eve.  This is one of my most favorite holidays.  You get to be someone else completely.  You get to walk around and talk to your neighbors.  You get candy.  How are these bad things?  Well they're not if you're a kid.  But when you're a single adult in her late twenties who isn't into partying on a school night, it seems a little not sad, but strange to dress up. I always go to my aunt and uncle's house for Halloween.  They have a big front porch, and there's always lots of food and drinks and THOUSANDS of trick-or-treaters. It's fun to go and see my cousins' costumes, and steal their candy (which isn't really stealing, because they offer it).  But there seems to be something missing.  Maybe it's because I'm at a weird transition phase.  I don't have kids, so there's no one to be really excited with me.  I don't know.  I'm going this year, but I almost would rather be at my house drinking wine and watching Hocus Pocus for the hundredth time.  However, I have found some awesomely corny jokes for this Halloween. 

What does a vampire fear most?  Tooth decay!

What does a skeleton order at a restaurant?  Spare ribs!

Happy Halloween y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment